1 year Cranioversary!!!

I just want to start by saying THANK YOU once again to everyone who has ever prayed for our Judson! Your prayers have truly made a difference in our little boys life!

As I sit here....6/19/2018...I cannot sleep. All I can think about is what this night felt like 1 year ago! I remember vividly, being in the hotel room....bathing the boys...getting them to bed...falling asleep early...not hearing my alarm clock to wake up and feed Judson (time limit before surgery)...frantically fixing a bottle and feeding him in the WEE hours of the morning...taking a shower and getting completely ready at 3am...and then sitting in the still-ness of the hotel room for the next two hours, begging God to protect my baby during his surgery! And even though in those early early morning hours, there was a sinking feeling, a nervousness that I felt.......a Sweet peace came upon me, as the Lord whispered...."I'll be right there with him"! And HE surely was!!! 

1 year later, this night looks much different. I bathed all my kiddos....got their jammies on...tucked them safely into bed...did some household chores...and am now sitting in my bed, here in Guatemala, while all 4 of my sweet precious babies sleep!! What a blessing! 
Over the past year, a lot has changed for our family...and most of you know that!! We made the move internationally to Guatemala, (we are church planting missionaries) and started our life here...while Judson healed beautifully from his surgery! 
 8 days post op

 10 days post op

 and 4 weeks post op!!

He was such a champ, and the Lord truly blessed him!! 

These pictures are 3 months post op! When I go back and look at these pictures, it is so hard to comprehend how amazing he recovered in such a short period of time!





Judson and his twin brother Jackson are now 1 1/2 years old...and they are the craziest, strongest, most mischievous, climbing on everything, knocking everything over, moving all the furniture BOYS you will ever meet!! They make our home complete and we could never in a million years thank the Lord enough for working in such a mighty way, in Judsons little life!! 





When I sit and think about everything my Lord has done in our lives....and over the last year, one song comes to mind....
  
 
When you were hungry, He sent manna from above 
When you needed shelter He covered you with His love 
Trials and through blessings, HES BEEN FAITHFUL AND TRUE. Look what God has done for you.


Look what God has done for you 
See what He has brought you through 
He's done what no other can do 
Look what God has done for you 


When you were in trouble, He was your dearest Friend 
When you needed someone He was there until the end 
STRONG AND MIGHTY TOWER YOU CAN ALWAYS RUN TO 
Look what God has done for you


My dear friends, HE has been so faithful! And if your reading this and you are thinking to yourself...."well good for you....I'm glad your God has rewarded you for living such a perfect life!".......please please know this is not the case! 

My life has been filled with utter disappointments to the Lord, I cannot begin to count how many times I've majorly let Him down. I don't mean where I've forgotten to read my Bible for the day or gotten angry at someone.....I mean completely and utterly failed him and went against what I knew was right. I wasted some of my prime years as a new Christian, living for the world, instead of for the Lord. 

BUT GOD.

Once again I can say...BUT GOD. But God, who is so rich in mercy, never once gave up on me. He gave me unmerited favor. I've never done anything to deserve His love and goodness to me....but yet His love for me is unconditional and unsurpassable! 

Tomorrow, June 20th, will officially be Judsons 1 year "Cranioversary", and we will spend the day celebrating his life with our little family. To most, it will seem like Judsons Journey is coming to a close......but in reality, Judsons Journey is just beginning!! This story of the goodness of God isn't just OUR story to tell....one day it will be HIS as well (with the scar to prove it)!! Like I've said before....this was a storm we faced...He faced....and we don't want to let the storm go to waste! We want to use it....use it for positive...use it for a testimony...use it to encourage other cranio families...use it most importantly to point people to the one who holds tomorrow, the one who can give peace even when the storm is raging!!


Comments

Popular Posts