3 Year Cranioversary!!!


June 20, 2020: Happy 3rd Cranioversary to our incredible baby boy! This boy FILLS our home with love and affection! He is so smart, loves building things (and tearing them down), loves all things Avengers, loves sweet treats, is my little salad eater, can't go a day without his Cranio care bear (who he calls bear bear), and is my biggest LOVE BUG....he is a snuggler and will melt my heart when he just comes and hugs me or kisses my cheek for no reason!

I wanted to write a new post today to update everyone that is following Judson's Journey!! Once again, my goal behind my blog is that our family and friends can stay updated on all the Lord has done and is doing through our son, but also to help encourage and empower any parent that may be going through the same CRANIO journey!!

Our journey between year 1 and year 2 was  very unremarkeable, as far as his craniosynostosis was concerned! He was perfectly healthy and developing, you would have never known he had a major skull reconstruction (if you didn't see his scar 💜)!


Our journey between year 2 and year 3 has been a little bit different. Right after his 2nd cranioversary...on July 4th of last year, Judson developed various motor tics. They started quickly and abruptly, with no warning. His tics started with a hard/repetitive eye blink, a shoulder shrug, licking his lips, and a squinching of his nose. These were also accompanied by obsessive behaviors and horrible fear. The kind of fear that had him screaming every night, the kind of fear that I had to lay beside his crib for hours singing and holding his hand, for him to go to sleep (which was NOT like him at all), he complained of headaches and pain in the back of his neck as well. Something would bother him, carseat, shoes, etc...and he could not move past it. It was like we had watched our perfectly healthy boy turn into a different child literally overnight. It was such a scary time....and I didn't understand...

Obviously we did what any parent would do....we consulted with his normal pediatrician in the States ,who is absolutely amazing....and we consulted with his Neuro team, who are also equally amazing! It was all very rare to them as well, but without being able to physically see him, there was only so much they could do. They both were in agreement that they did not think this was directly related to his surgery. It was recommended that we see a pediatrician here in Guatemala as well as an opthalmologist to check for any pressure on his optic nerve. We searched for the highest recommended doctors in Guatemala and took him to see both of them. I will not get into detail, but I will say.......we do live in a 3rd world country...and the medical care reflects that. SOOO....with that being said, we didn't get any answers. It was frustrating to say the least. I researched and researched and reached out to other parents and did everything possible to figure out the mystery.

After my research I sought out advice from a naturopathic physician in order to request a magnesium supplement which I had read great things about. He also suggested another natural supplement to try, that helps to calm the nervous system. I would've tried anything at that point...I was so desperate to have my baby back. After 2 months of the new supplements, Judson's tics went away completely, as well as his fearful state and nervousness!! It was amazing! For the remainder of this year, I wish I could say his symptoms have stayed away completely, but they've unfortunately come back every 2 months or so. Thankfully now, the episodes only last a week- 2 weeks. His episodes return with the hard eye blink each time, accompanied by the headaches/neck pain.

I still cannot tell you what made this all happen, even though I have a few ideas. I am obviously not a medical doctor and cannot diagnose him. (However, if you are reading this and can relate....please research PANS/PANDAS).

We will be coming into the States at the end of this year and are already in the process of making Judson's appointments with his Neuro and plastics team in order to get their insight into the situation!! I will definitely be doing updated blog posts once we get more information from his doctors!!!

I realize that only a handful of people know that this went on with our son this year.....I apologize for not keeping everyone informed, however we did not want to worry anyone! I know many people prayed in general for him, without knowing specifics, and we are very thankful for each of you and your prayers!!!



As I watched Judson fall asleep last night (because we are all currently camping in a tent inside our house...lol) I couldn't help but just praise the Lord for Judson, his life, and the beautiful reflection of our Savior's love and protection I see Everytime I look at my son! 
"But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand." Isaiah 64:8
I am, Judson is, you are.....clay in the potter's hands. Our Father is the perfect potter, he knows how much pressure our vessels can take before they break. Sometimes he breaks them himself, to mold them into something even more beautiful.....we must keep our eyes on the potter, on Jesus, and trust that He has planned a beautiful design for each of our lives. I know He has done that with Judson as well, and even though the clay takes time and fire to be molded into the perfect reflection of the potter....the end result is nothing short of miraculous! I pray that you can see God's love through our family, through Judson's journey.....and if you don't know this love personally yet, that you would reach out to me!

We have always said....if just one person hears about the Lord or even comes to know Him as their Savior because of anything Judson or our family has gone through.....it will be worth EVERYTHING!

THANK YOU again, for continuing to follow Judson's Journey! 💜💜

Comments

Popular Posts